Download as Microsoft Word Document
PATRICK E. McBURNETT, JR.
P. O. Box 5257
Incline Village, Nevada 89450
(775) 560-8229, (775) 782-7227
Convergence Engineering Corp. - 1990-Present
Founded and built an engineering company which serves companies who need specialized mechanical engineering analytical and testing capability to solve difficult technical problems. Capabilities include structural dynamics, stress analysis, materials testing, and technical project engineering.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of aerospace composites.
- Experience in developing design allowables for composite materials, including
data reduction and statistical analysis.
- Experience in aerospace qualification testing including vibration, static, and
- In depth understanding of aircraft metal bonding with aerospace structural
- Extensive component development project engineering experience.
- Expert in aerospace configuration management and quality systems.
Aerojet General Corporation - 1974-1990
Aerojet Techsystems Co.
Vice President, General Manager, Flight Systems Division
Led a division of 900 employees and 10 directors. Managed all aspects of liquid rocket production programs including program management, engineering, manufacturing, test, quality, procurement, launch support and marketing.
- Achieved record profits on sales of $170 million in 1989.
- Aerojet Techsystems rated #1 subcontractor on the Titan program and received
the highest award fee ever issued by the customer.
- Cut production hours 21% in three years through organizational efficiencies
and process improvements.
Director , Engineering and Development
Directed all design, analysis and systems engineering for new liquid rocket engine systems.
- Led the successful development of a new upper stage engine for 50% of the
normal development cost.
- Rebuilt all key disciplines in the engineering organization. Improved
technology and development program win percentage to 85%.
- Restructured the manufacturing organization to reduce costs and mitigate a
major program overrun.
- Introduced process improvement teams and improved the suggestion plan from
zero to a savings of $5 million annually.
Aerojet Solid Propulsion Co.
Various engineering and manufacturing assignments.
Procter and Gamble, Folger Coffee Division - 1971-1974
Began as a shift supervisor. Worked on project engineering assignments and eventually became Process Manager responsible for bulk product development.
Captain, United States Marine Corps - 1968-1971
Served as an Infantry Platoon Commander and Combined Action Company Commander in Viet Nam. Awarded Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, and Combat Action Ribbon.
BS Mechanical Engineering, California State University, Sacramento
BS Industrial Management, Carnegie Mellon University
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Senior Member
Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
Chair, Industrial Advisory Board, School of Engineering and Computer Science, California State University, Sacramento (Past)
Board of Directors, Big Brothers/Big Sisters (Past)
Special Skills and Interests
Airline Transport Pilot with MD-80, Fokker F-28, Learjet and Citation Type Ratings.
Certified Flight Instructor, Multiengine, Instrument, 12500 Hours flying experience.
Bicycling, Skiing, Flying